Sunday 7 August 2011

My very first blog...


Welcome to my very first blog.

I’ll take this first entry to introduce myself. 

I was born and raised on the Island of Nassau, in The Bahamas.  I went to high school here and graduated in 1999.  I headed off to boarding school in Ontario for 2 years, and then university in Nova Scotia, Canada.  I returned to Nassau in 2005 after graduating with my Bachelor of Commerce.  

When returning back home I moved back in with my parents and started working in real estate.  Not because I planned to, but because it sort of just happened.  I was supposed to work at Atlantis, but after 2.5 days there I realized it was not the place for me.  I worked for about 2 years at one real estate company before I moved to the company where I am now, at Graham Real Estate. 

It was my mission to save up and for my boyfriend and I to purchase a house, and that happened in 2007.  After we settled into the house, I found my place back in island life, and things with work were going well, it was then my calling to give back to the community - something I had always said I would do once I got ‘organized’ with life.  I got involved with Baark! and the Bahamas Humane Society at the end of 2009. 

Like many people, I have never been a person that knew exactly what they were destined to do in life.  I would like to believe that I will ‘succeed’ in life and that I am destined for ‘greatness’ – defining those 2 very vague words is what I am trying to now figure out in 2011.

This blog will be exactly what the title says – An Island Girl in an Island World. 

My journey of figuring what success and greatness mean to me… the search for completeness and balance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment