Tuesday 14 August 2012

Life Lessons #1 - Looking for the Humor in Life

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday" ~ Unknown 

After reading this above quote about a week ago, it has inspired me to try and learn as much as possible to be better than the person I was yesterday... 

If you are aware and make a conscious effort, you can pick up lessons from life everyday... and I thought it would be fun to share the life lessons I start picking up along my journey and perhaps they will also help you also be better than the person you were yesterday.  This first one is definitely for me... I get so caught up on my 'to do' list the day can fly by as a race to get things done and I miss the joy and humor I could have relished in. 

Life Lesson #1 - Always find the humor in a situation - Life is too short to be taken so seriously! 

I had the honor of listening to key speaker, Jeanne Robertson, on Thursday August 9th at the Florida Association of Realtors convention in Orlando.  She is HILARIOUS! I think I will hear her voice every time I hear the word America in her North Carolina accent now! HA! But she had a message... To find the humor in mostly everything each day - being 6'2" at a very young age she learned very quickly that life would be challenging if she did not choose to laugh at herself and find the humor in the situation.  


Jeanne Robertson

It's okay to laugh at yourself when you make a mistake, when your day isn't going well, when your spouse makes a mistake or argue about something super trivial, when that person who drives you nuts could easily put you in a bad mood... I could go on and on!  Perception is reality, so if you choose to get frustrated by every little thing you'll lead a stressful life but if you choose to find the comedy in daily life you will enjoy your day so much more and see things from a different perspective! 

So challenge yourself and when you feel yourself getting bothered/frustrated/upset/angry - ask yourself if you can find something funny about the situation? After all isn't it some of the most crazy stressful situations that become hilarious stories that you tell a couple of weeks later? Try and find the humor in them from the start! 



No comments:

Post a Comment